Supplier Engagement Specialist (m/f) - German and English Required
Wayfair are the largest e-commerce outlet for furniture and home goods in the United States and we are looking for talented individuals to join our Berlin team & grow our EU Operation. Having been established in 2014 with 25 employees, we are now at around 500 and looking to grow to 1000+ in 2019.
We are not in startup phase anymore and now in accelerated growth phase! We can offer excellent career prospects, job security and a package that includes Wayfair shares that are listed on the stock exchange. As you grow with Wayfair, further stock come your way.
We are all excited about the recent news on Wayfair stock and you can be part of this journey.
We are looking to hire a talented, driven and Supplier Engagement Specialist to join our Operations Team.
As a key member of the EU Product Performance team, your primary responsibility will be to engage with suppliers at the senior executive level to lead the build and development of a portal that will improve their packaging and fulfillment processes, with the aim of minimizing incidences in the Wayfair Supply Chain and improving the end customer experience.
This role requires strong negotiation skills, and would suit candidates who enjoy a mixture of desk and field based work. This is a high impact role which involves encouraging suppliers to make fundamental improvements to their operations, not only to make them capable of effective online fulfillment, but also to provide a sustainable growth platform for the Wayfair business.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation underway, this is a great opportunity to make a significant difference to our business.
- Own a wide portfolio of Wayfair suppliers for the Product Performance Team
- Negotiate packaging and operational improvements with our suppliers to increase profitability and customer satisfaction
- Direct and support suppliers through packaging redesign/improvement process using remote advice
- Analyze data to identify trends and root causes of problems at supplier, class and country level
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Account Operations, Buyers and Logistics
- Build and maintain industry expertise in the areas of logistics, packaging, supply chain efficiency/quality – particularly as it pertains to home retail.
- Bachelor degree with sufficient commercial experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English & German Language skills are required
- Project Management experience
- Experience in supplier or account management
- Experience in business negotiation
- E-Commerce/Portal development will be highly regarded.
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and coordination a multitude of important tasks
- Understanding the complexity of online order fulfillment.
- Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross functional team environment
- Proficient in use of MS Office programs
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel Skills
- Knowledge of packaging and quality control standards/solutions advantageous
- Knowledge of direct dispatch / drop ship and transshipment preferred
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
- Enthusiastic, quick learner with proven ability to rapidly get up to speed with job knowledge
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.9 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.