Head of Immigration/Immigration Counsel
Wayfair is the country’s #1 e-commerce destination for all things home. We have over 10 million active customers and we reached $4.7B in revenue for 2017. Wayfair been consistently ranked as one of the best places to work in Boston, and we’re one of the fastest-growing employers in the city.
Our company has been defined by its rapid growth over the last few years with a continuous need to grow our headcount. With over 8,500 full-time employees worldwide (and counting!) we’re committed to hiring and retaining the market’s best talent as part of our goal to create the best experience for our customers. In this brand new role, our Head of Immigration will help to drive our hiring practices by partnering with senior leadership across the company. If you’re looking for a high-impact role within our talent organization, please apply below! We’d love to connect with you.
- Provide concierge-level service to senior executives/managers and candidates in the evaluation of foreign nationals for sponsorship status
- Legally evaluate eligibility of corporate foreign national employees for visa status
- Analyze and develop strategy and supporting evidence for immigration eligibility in complex cases
- Prepare and file employment-based nonimmigrant (primarily E-2, L-1, H-1B & O-1 cases) and immigrant petitions (mostly EB-1 & national-interest waiver cases) with various federal agencies,
- Draft, review and/or revise suggested supporting documents for permanent resident cases exempt from labor certification, complex DOL audit responses, and complex RFEs for filing with the USCIS
- Assist foreign citizens in submitting DS-160 online visa applications to U.S. embassies and consulates
- Effectively manage client relationships
- Explain sophisticated immigration concepts and present strategic solutions for employees, candidates and internal stakeholders
- Prepare packages for filing
- Effectively manage complex projects under tight deadlines in an effort to reduce reliance on outside counsel
Those who are successful in our environment are able to:
- Communicate effectively and convincingly in writing and verbally, as appropriate for the needs of the audience (clients, governmental agencies, internal and external stakeholders),
- Have gained extensive experience exceeding the expectations of "high-touch" clients as well as experience with immigration compliance and defense (I-9, antidiscrimination, FDNS and H-1B DOL investigations, and EB-5 immigrant visas)
- Multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Navigate sophisticated technology platforms efficiently (Immigration Tracker, HotDocs, Excel),
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, and approaches to problems,
- Contribute to a positive work environment, and
- Demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: TLNTOP-HR