Wayfair, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the US, is looking for a motivated Associate Photographer for their Westborough, MA Studio. The right candidate will have some photography experience and an interest in working in a commercial lifestyle studio environment.
A Day in the Life
As an Associate Photographer, you will be responsible for following the visual standards set by Wayfair and its Lifestyle brands, while continually improving lighting craft, gaining efficiencies, and supporting Managing Photographers.
- Photograph product for Wayfair.com and affiliate brands
- Photograph for print and digital channels like social media
- Collaborate with Managing Photographer to produce video assets and stop motion animation for digital media
- Develop and execute various lighting direction based on brand
- Work closely with Managing Photographer to develop your technical lighting abilities on set
- Maintain and organize assigned equipment responsibilities
- Responsible for detailed asset management and file naming
- Consult with post production with set and merchandise challenges
- Collaborate with stylists and peer photographers
- Complete tasks as assigned
- Communicate clearly and be a vocal contributor to the team
- Collectively work well under pressure, quickly solve problems, and excel in a high-volume, deadline-driven ecommerce studio environment
- Maintain safety and organizational compliance throughout the studio
Keys to Success
At Wayfair, if you are Optimistic, Energetic, Innovative, Dynamic, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Driven, you will thrive here!
- An online photography portfolio that demonstrates experience working with strobe lighting
- Bachelor’s Degree in photography or equivalent
- 1+ years studio photography
- Advanced lighting skills such as strobe and continuous
- Knowledge of all photographic formats and files
- Knowledgeable in a variety of color management and photo/video equipment
- Technical knowledge of camera types, image processing and color temperature/balancing
- Candidates with exposure to a high throughput environment will have an advantage
- Have some experience working with Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Bridge, Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Mac OS
Nice to Haves
- Internal Wayfair application knowledge
- 2 + years of assisting in an ecommerce studio environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings