Identity and Access- Engineer
Wayfair is a dynamic, cutting-edge tech company operating in the ecommerce space. We’re growing at a lightning-fast pace and are looking for the next brilliant addition to our IT team.
Wayfair’s Corporate IT team is on a mission to constantly challenge the status quo to provide an exceptional end-user experience. We strive to enable employee productivity with a suite of tools and technologies that grow as the business grows, and we maintain a focus at all times on understanding the needs of our business partners so that we can build around those needs. The team partners with stakeholders across the organization to create and deliver flexible solutions that empower our desktop & development computing environments, in-office tech, back-end application servers, and cloud services.
We’re looking for someone with experience in the Information Technology/Systems world who has a passion for automating and streamlining the employee lifecycle. With employee changes comes different levels of access, permissions, and attributes that make up a full user identity. The ideal candidate can keep up with the employee lifecycle and build/design workflows (ideally using a combination of PowerShell and 3rd party tools such as Okta) to automate as much as possible. They should also be willing to document each step of the process and lend a hand for creating policies and procedures when appropriate.
What do we want you to do?
- Collaborate with multiple teams from across the enterprise and the Corporate IT team
- Use PowerShell to automate key parts of our identity lifecycle that cannot be done with existing tools.
- Integrate with our governance solution and other 3rd party tools as needed to create, deprovision, and change accounts when appropriate
- Document each part of the process and keep the documentation up to date when things change
- Integrate all scripts and automation with robust logging for use by both internal and external auditors
- Help stay ahead of the business by anticipating needs and designing for the future
What do you need?
- A positive attitude and eagerness to work with many different groups to create and design the best solutions to complex problems
- Ability to create robust scripts in PowerShell from scratch, as well as the know-how to troubleshoot existing ones
- Deep knowledge of Active Directory and the ability to understand key concepts like delegation
- Eagerness to learn new tools, especially cloud applications like Okta and ServiceNow
- A strong drive towards documentation and knowledge sharing amongst a large team
- Passion for going above and beyond in order to create a pleasant end user experience
- Understanding of the employee lifecycle (joiners/movers/leavers) and concepts of identity management
How do you know if you’re a good fit?
- You want to make other people’s jobs and lives better
- You have excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- You always put the customer first, pay attention to details and have a knack for organization
- You’re easy-going, positive, people-oriented, and energetic
- You love problem solving, and have an analytical, creative, and innovative approach
- You pay attention to the details; you believe that anything worth doing is worth measuring, and it’s worth doing right, every single time. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch
- You think on your feet, like learning new things, and learn them quickly
- You’re motivated and driven, up for new challenges, and ready to take ownership
- You want to work hard and be challenged in a fast-paced environment, and have fun doing it
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Visit our Site: http://www.wayfair.com
Read our Engineering Blog: http://engineering.wayfair.com/
Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/wayfair
Follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/wayfair
Check out our YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/therealwayfairTag: ENGR-INFR