Final Mile Quality Leader
About Our Team:
Wayfair continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure and capabilities in Operations to fuel growth and delight our customers. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive initiatives related to our most strategic operations topics that will propel Wayfair from $4B to $10B and beyond.
This is an opportunity to lead Wayfair’s final mile quality program; a key driver of changing the way large home furnishings are purchased and delivered to customers across the globe! You will shape Wayfair’s approach to quality by building a strategic capability aimed at reducing negative product events and driving execution against our proprietary final mile delivery network, resulting in a best in class home furnishing buying experience to our customers.
We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and experiences (e.g., corporate, professional services, consulting, operations, analytics) in e-commerce or other relevant industries.
- Design, build, and manage the Quality Program across Wayfair’s proprietary logistics network
- Lead and develop a diverse team both at our Boston headquarters and in the field
- Work with senior leadership across the operations organization to drive strategic quality initiatives during the development, implementation, and maintenance phases
- Manage results using data to inform on initiative performance and potential next steps
- Understand Wayfair’s value chain and determine where strategic quality improvement opportunities exist
- Participate in senior leadership updates on team findings and progress
- Manage multiple initiatives concurrently to deliver product performance enhancement pursuant to Wayfair’s strategic goals
- Understand and enact change across Wayfair’s entire value chain from supplier to customer
- Leverage analytical findings to create actionable business plans, build buy-in, and execute against those plans across multiple business units
- 8+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Willingness to travel up to 60%
- Collaborative; strong communicator; ability to operate effectively in a warehouse environment and with senior company leadership
- Highly analytical and results driven; intellectually curious, creative problem-solver
- Experience building and managing a quality program in a logistics or distribution enterprise highly preferred
- Experience designing and managing employee incentive programs
- Experience with organizational change/transformation a strong plus
- Experience with international logistical operations a plus
- Project/program management excellence
- Logical risk-taker; agile and adaptive to a start-up type environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL-L