Senior Manager, Human Capital Strategy
Wayfair is looking for a new Strategic Talent Adviser to join our team.
Wayfair is experiencing rapid and dynamic growth across a variety of areas. To help support the current revenue growth we have increased headcount significantly and added offices and locations across the US and Europe. As our employee base and geographic area expands, we are focused on ensuring that we have the right leadership, teams and infrastructure in place to support this larger, more complex organization. A critical component of our success is strong people management and development.
To help support and shape growth across large functional areas, we recently launched a newly formed strategic HR Business Partner team comprised of Talent Strategy managers. As a Senior Manager, Talent Strategy supporting the Product and Marketing organization you will have the opportunity to shape your role while supporting the executive team in a critical functional area. Our people are the biggest factor in our success and the key driver of our revenue growth; the Senior Manager, Talent Strategy has a unique opportunity to help drive this growth through exceptional talent management and strategy.
The Senior Manager, Human Capital Strategy will report into the HR Business Partner lead with a dotted line into a senior executive on the business. Success in the role comes with the potential to transition into a more operational role over time. Whether coaching managers on how to lead and grow their teams, navigating and resolving challenging people issues, or advising and building programs and initiatives that increase productivity, you’ll be asked to roll up your sleeves and get involved. Wayfair is a data-driven organization, and this is a highly quantitative role. You will partner with a cross functional talent management team to design and execute strategy for how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, retain and organize our workforce.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Manager, Human Capital Strategy will include:
- Working with key executive stakeholders in their relevant functional area to develop the talent management plan for employees ranging from entry level to executive level
- Helping to identify skill and leadership gaps within the functional area and proposing and implementing changes necessary to put key solutions in place
- Analyzing key employee data for your functional area (e.g., employee engagement surveys, turnover stats, compensation structures, upward feedback) to help improve employee satisfaction, retention and effectiveness
- Working with HR and key stakeholders to develop long term plans for calibration, compensation and development processes for employees in relevant functional area
- Providing strategic business partnership and coaching to key functional partners on performance feedback, leadership development and conflict management
- 1-2 years of experience in top tier consulting firm
- MBA (or equivalent) from leading university
- Passion for people management and development and proven success in these areas
- Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- A high level of flexibility and adaptability
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach others
This is a great role for a strong performer who is looking to make the jump from consulting to a business operating role. The HRBP role will allow you to get a holistic view of the organization, work with key executives and help create a new team with the potential to move into a more operational role in the organization over time.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: