3D Art Director - Product & Photography (m/f)
Wayfair is revolutionizing how imagery is created. We are building a Creative team that will produce high volumes of compelling interior and product images in a way that’s never been done before.
We’re looking for a quick-thinking visual storyteller with previous experience as an Art Director in home décor or furniture. Successful candidates will be big-picture thinkers, capable of wearing many hats from coach and mentor to producer and negotiator — we are looking for a great collaborator who is able to keep business goals in sight.
As the AD, you’ll collaborate with a U.S. based Creative Director and a small group of 3D artists and stylists as well as editors and product buyers in a high-volume, fast-paced 3D studio. Our team works quickly; it is important that applicants thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well under the pressures of ambitious deadlines.
The teams of 3D stylists and artists are working in very sophisticated software packages. It’s not necessary that you are an expert user but you need to be an expert coach on image and brand standards. We believe that a high-level skill set in directing traditional home furnishing photography and technical aptitude will get you there — a love of technology will get you there faster.
To be considered for this position you must have a digital portfolio showcasing your work as an Art Director.
You already are:
- A talented and experienced Studio Art Director.Able to provide input on lighting, styling, design, product selection, room layout and architecture.
- A visual story teller.Able to execute against a creative brief. You need to have a mastery of composition, color, lighting, room design, visual narrative, spacial relationships — and the shots to prove it.
- A collaborator.You’ll be working each day leading our in-house 3D team. You will need to communicate your vision in a way that is executable not to mention on brand, time and budget
- Detail-oriented. You not only catch the tangents, issues with photo realism and over saturated scenics in our images but have the capacity to understand and manage the implications of rolling out a new plan or change in process on junior team members.
- Thick-skinned. You’ll get regular feedback on how your shots have performed so you can adapt in the future. Sometimes it won’t be what you were expecting—often it will be. Roll with it either way and help the team grow in response.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Fine Arts in photography or equivalent relevant experience
- Significant experience in Art Directing in studio or location
- A portfolio that demonstrates outstanding creativity and attention to detail, art direction/influence, photo styling, and creative problem solving
- Product & Photography experience is essential
- Experience in a variety of studio settings ranging from editorial to retail catalog and location-based photography
- Knowledge of post-processing/retouching and compositing
- Technical knowledge of lighting and or 3D technologies is an advantage
- Ability to negotiate while not creating adversarial relationships is a must; including managing different opinions through a creative endeavor
- Must possess strong communication (both written and oral), problem-solving, organizational, time-management, and analytical skills
- A positive and friendly attitude and a sense of humor while maintaining the ability to direct a variety of strong personalities, is necessary
- Experience managing and developing creative staff as well as leading a team that is highly entrepreneurial
- Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding expectations
- A passion for all things home, including the latest trends and developments
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary and bonus, and we share the company with you in stock units
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CUE-3D