Production Supervisor - Photo Studio
WAYFAIR, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States, is looking for a motivated Production Supervisor for their Westborough, MA Photo Studio. The right candidate Must be solutions-driven with the ability to react to challenges with optimism and direction with goal keeping progress of photography moving
A Day in the Life
As a Production Supervisor you are a critical team leader in our photo studio and you will work cross functionally between the creative and production teams.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review all incoming projects prior to shoot schedule to maximize efficiencies
- Create and maintain shoot studio schedule- assigning teams to projects and bays
- Collaborate with studio teams to review timelines for scheduled shoots.
- Communicating with Project Managers, Logistics, and Art Directors on progress of all projects and teams
- Oversee production teams daily tasks
- Maintain an orderly and updated set, workspace, and set library
- Assist with rigging of overhead items (chandeliers, lanterns, etc.)
- Aid team in powering, lamping, and dimming of light fixtures
- Manage production on multiple sets at once
- Communicate and act clearly and concisely in a fast paced, changing environment
- Maintain set elements; patching and painting walls and general repairs
- Accountable for moving samples and set elements required for photo shoot
- Setting up and tearing down lifestyle sets efficiently between shots
- Communicating with onset teams to ensure timelines are being followed for appropriate set changes as needed.
- Successfully provide relevant and immediate feedback in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Using and Updating Quickbase to track each photo shoot and meta data that should be updated for shot association
Keys to Success
At WAYFAIR, if you are Optimistic, Energetic, Innovative, Dynamic, Passionate, Customer-centric, Collaborative, Solution-oriented, Flexible and Results-Driven, you will thrive here!
- Previous studio production experience
- Carpentry and general building experience
- Comfortable and proficient with hand tools
- Comfortable and proficient in painting
- Knowledgeable of basic construction techniques to build secure and safe sets that appear realistic to camera
- Comfortable on a stepladder
- Ability to track details of multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic electrical skills
- Grip and rigging experience
- High energy
- Experience working with creative teams
Nice to Haves
- Experience with DAM (Digital Asset Management) tools
- Tech savvy
- Previous scheduling or photo producer experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: CUE-PS