Associate Director, Enterprise Software
Wayfair is looking for an experienced Engineering Leader to join our Enterprise Software engineering team. The Enterprise Software team’s mission is to drive productivity and work automation solutions across our 8,000+ employees by providing a blend of in-house custom developed workflow management tools as well as 3rd party integrations where needed. In this role, you’ll drive build-versus-buy discussions with other leaders across Wayfair and partner with our product team to identify, quantify and solve business needs.
We work across the stack, from internal full-stack applications to back-end systems responsible for data processing and API integrations. Our ideal leader has a background working with web applications and fast iteration in an agile environment. We deeply value: curiosity, collaboration, and an eagerness to make an impact on the business.What you’ll get to do:
- Develop the next generation of case management solutions to reduce customer issue time-to-resolution.
- Integrate a new HCM platform and optimizing Talent Acquisition processes.
- Build, productionize and iterate on a custom workflow management platform.
- Manage and expand multiple Enterprise Software sprint teams focused on building custom software and integrating 3rd party software to drive efficiency and workflow process across Wayfair.
- Collaborate with stakeholders from every org along with your product management partners to understand their business challenges, discuss tradeoffs and creatively solve as we continue to push for greater customer satisfaction.
- Drive build versus buy decisions.
- 7,000+ internal customers will use your solutions as we strive to delight 8.9 million active external customers
- 5+ years experience as a software developer on any web stack.
- 3+ years experience managing and mentoring teams.
- Strong instinct for understanding business value and prioritization
- Passion for leading teams and growing their capabilities through mentorship
Nice to haves:
- Experience with PHP, MSSQL, JQuery, React
- Ecommerce background
- Check out our open source projects: https://github.com/wayfair
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: