Senior Product Associate
Senior Product Associate
Do you love solving challenging problems, collaborating with really smart people, and leveraging technology for rapid innovation? Join the Operations Product Innovation team at Wayfair! We’re a team of product managers who are passionate about e-commerce and creating scalable operational systems that will fuel our company growth and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences.
The Service Products and Systems team within the Operations Product Innovation department is responsible for ensuring an exceptional post-order experience for the customer. We partner with stakeholders across the business to drive technology solutions that enable world class customer service experiences. This includes arming the customer service team with the right tools to connect with the customer and then solve issues fully, expediently, and to our customer’s complete satisfaction. We also focus on proactively providing customers with self-service capabilities and the right information at the right time for a positive experience with delivery or any order problems or changes.
This role entails working with business stakeholders to define requirements for software projects, working with engineering to plan, QA, implement, and troubleshoot these projects, and serving as a subject matter expert. We take a data driven approach to identify opportunities for improvements, develop hypothesis and run experiments to validate, and measure the impact of our solutions by looking at KPIs such as Net Promoter Score, First Call Resolution, Contacts per Order, and On Time Delivery. Come join our growing product team and have a major impact on Wayfair’s growth and ability to scale!
In This Role You Will
- Turn high-level business requirements into detailed specs for software development
- Work closely with software engineers, service management, and operations analysts to design and test new tools, design workflows, change-manage implementation, and solve problems.
- When presented with a symptom of a system issue, use SQL, data analytics, and other research tools to find patterns and help identify the root cause
- Work with engineers to effectively triage and solve problems on the fly
- Work with engineers to QA and roll out new tools or enhancements, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency, improve the usability of our tools, and analyze root causes
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
Who We’re Looking For
- A demonstrated record of strong project management and driving results (preferably e-commerce)
- A basic understanding of application database and system design, though no coding experience is needed
- Ability to work independently and motivated to move beyond existing practices
- Exceptional written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun
- An easy-going attitude, thick skin, and a strong sense of humor
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology or business discipline
What We Offer
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outing
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: OPINN