Graphic Designer (m/f)
Wayfair is looking for a self-starting and detailed-oriented designer to join our Berlin team full-time. We’re looking for candidates that are looking to grow into strong and intelligent interactive designers who are enthusiastic and ambitious. The ideal candidate will have an online portfolio that is creative, current, and shows potential for experimentation and growth. A background in digital production is preferred. The job will be based in our Berlin office.
We need to see your work to know if you are a fit for our team! Please submit a link to your online portfolio. The link can either be on your resume directly, or pasted into the ‘cover letter’ section of the wayfair.com/careers online application.
Please note that only candidates with a portfolio of design work will be considered.
- Be a quick learner, who's able to jump onto new projects and quickly deliver creative solutions
- Be an organized team player, willing to pitch in to maintain good workflow
- Develop ideas and concepts into compelling, visual solutions ranging from presentations and branding to integrated digital and social media programs
- Retouch photo assets from photo shoots as needed
- Follow brand guidelines & standards closely
- Participate in brainstorms and concept development
- Easily present visual ideas, design rationale and details
- Have an attention to detail, and be able to preflight and package print-ready art for printing
- Enjoy exploring and executing our internal client's briefs
- Have good communication skills and a willingness to learn
- Create pixel-perfect mockups from sketches, wireframes, and spec documents (and on occasion, out of thin air!)
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet brand standards, business goals & customer expectations
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely while quickly applying feedback and direction as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- Sufficient design experience
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners on multiple deadlines
- An impeccable understanding of basic design, color, aesthetics and typography principles
- Basic understanding of Social Media platforms and design aesthetics
- Bonus points for extra animation skills
- Design experience including page layouts, information graphics, website design, presentations and logo/identity development
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to project timelines
- Ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines is a must
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite & Sketch
- An affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills
- An interest in online shopping/e-commerce!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.