Software Engineer II - Storefront Engineering
In Storefront engineering you'll have the opportunity to show off your problem solving and creative thinking abilities as well as learn new technologies and techniques. We love to move fast, so you'll be able to work closely with product owners to iterate over solutions and deploy your changes to production several times a day.
What a Storefront Engineer does:
- We're looking for sharp, logical thinkers who aren't married to a particular language and can easily adapt to our mix of technologies. We have a massive amount of data under all of this so good SQL skills (of any kind) would be ideal as well.
- Writes thoughtful and performant PHP code
- Enjoys contributing technical and procedural improvements to every facet of our engineering ecosystem
- Contributes to architectural and code review discussions
An ideal candidate will:
- Have 5+ years of web development experience on publicly facing websites.
- Be familiar with PHP or similar scripting languages.
- Be willing to dive into tough problems
- Embrace the opportunity to help their fellow engineers as they do the same
Nice to have:
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- An easy-going attitude and strong sense of humor
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions. #LI-SS1Tag: ENGR