Associate Director - Emerging Category Operations
What is an Emerging Category?
With 8 million products for the home, Wayfair is a market leader in a wide array of home categories from rugs to furniture. Emerging Categories are product classes where we have the potential to be the market leader but are still unlocking growth levers. Many of these levers are driven by operations – from cost structure to merchandising and availability.
As a leader within the Emerging Category Operations Team you will:
- Define what it takes to win operationally in a portfolio of emerging categories: lead insight generation and roadmap creation in those spaces
- Be the visionary: Help create and execute the growth strategy for our emerging categories, with an eye towards building for future scale and transforming the business
- Lead the charge across the organization: Champion work cross-functionally with Category Management and across 6+ Operations teams (e.g. Logistics, Inventory Planning, Supplier Performance, Product Performance, Sales/Service) to surface opportunities, align on strategy, pivot when needed, and deliver results
A successful Associate Director in this group has:
- Relevant background and experience (e.g., management consulting, operations in a corporate setting, business/operations transformation leaders) whether in eCommerce or beyond.
- Strong analytical prowess, business acumen, positive energy, a collaborative style, and knows how to drive results in a fast-growing company.
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced and complex organization, where an entrepreneurial mindset, great communication and influencing skills, and problem-solving leadership have a premium.
- Build and execute a growth-focused operations strategy in partnership with senior stakeholders
- Proactively identify and size specific margin improvement opportunities through data and analytics
- Develop and lead a high-performing team of analysts and project managers
- Prioritize operational improvement initiatives and build an execution roadmap
- Serve as a highly analytical thought partner to stakeholders on complex operational challenges
- Track progress and performance and create visibility for senior leaders in the organization
- 5+ years of relevant experience (e.g. management consulting, operations in a corporate setting, business/operations transformation)
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA, Masters in Operations/Supply Chain)
- Clear track record of delivering cross-functional impact with a strong ownership mindset
- Experience leading the build out and execution of a vision driving tangible growth or transformation
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and a love for data analytics and granular leadership
- Effective oral and written communication skills – adept at leading meetings, influencing others
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.Tag: SCL-SO