Analyst, Capacity Planning
Wayfair is seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive the initiatives that will propel Wayfair from $6B to $15B and beyond. The successful candidate will bring a mix of analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong communication skills to succeed in our highly collaborative and cross functional team environment.
If you’re passionate about Supply Chain Planning and Insights Development, love working in a very dynamic and entrepreneurial environment and have the ability to create, improve and sustain best practices and tools, this is a unique opportunity for you.
Who we are: We are the Global Supply Chain Planning team and we work with cross functional teams across Wayfair. We help them make informed decisions on a day to day basis and create visibility for warehouses, distribution, freight management, carrier management, pricing, In stock, CastleGate and many more.
Who you are:
Reporting to the Manager of Global Capacity Planning, the Analyst/Senior Analyst, Capacity Planning will:
- Partner with various business stakeholders to understand key inputs to Capacity Modelling and develop a roadmap to improve forecast accuracy and data quality
- Collaborate to create and implement initiatives that will allow us to more accurately forecast capacity constraints through improving existing tools or implementing new methodologies through analytics
- Develop and execute business models to drive decision making around building processes, design, and composition
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of weekly capacity reporting for Operations Leadership
- Help drive CapEx decisions through rigorous analysis of future need vs current assets and future investments
- Be flexible to perform other responsibilities and duties as they come up and apply out-of-box solutions to the challenges at hand
- Work closely with the Industrial Engineering team to develop a long-term plan for building throughput, and define what steady state looks like for mature facilities
- Be creative to envision the end-to-end business state by connecting various pieces together
- Be a strong team player and work hard towards reaching team goals
- Demonstrate strong motivation and drive to improve and develop existing processes
- Travel required (10%).
Profiles that may be especially well-suited for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as: Engineering, Industrial Management, Operations Research, Math, Economics
- Retail/Ecommerce supply chain experience a plus
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Basic skills in Excel & SQL required; Tableau, Python and/or R preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- DwellStudio, unexpected modern design for everyday life
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.