Director, Product Availability - CastleGate
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
On our CastleGate Team you will have the ability to:
- Own and drive a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the success of Wayfair.
- Develop and execute transformational strategies that generate a game-changing competitive advantage and enduring customer satisfaction.
- Partner with a team of smart, motivated and engaged individuals in an environment that is both collaborative and risk taking.
Visit the link to hear from one of our Wayfair founders, Niraj Shah, and our team to get a more in-depth understanding of CastleGate: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs
About the Role:
We are looking for a senior leader of our new Product Availability team for the Renovation category. Operating at the intersection of operations and business strategy, this team has been created to drive a key initiative at Wayfair: by increasing the availability of product with fast delivery, Wayfair can improve customer experience, drive significant revenue growth, and provide a competitive advantage for Wayfair. The Director of Product Availability will partner with the leader of the Housewares category to develop a strategy to use product availability as a major lever of category growth, and will then direct the execution of this strategy.
There are multiple ways to improve availability, and implementing the optimal combination of tactics for specific categories, suppliers, and products requires a combination of creativity, analytics, understanding of business operations, and relationship management. It will involve strategic supplier and item selection, supply-chain optimization decisions, demand consolidation tactics, and other new, category-specific solutions the Director will develop. With any of these initiatives, the Director will need to work with teams across the company such as category management, warehousing, engineering, and finance, and regularly engage with C-level executives, including the COO and CEO. He or she will also interact regularly with suppliers, building trust and collaborating on strategy development in order to ensure that plans are followed. The Director of Product Availability will be responsible for building and managing a team of managers and analysts to support the overall agenda.
Due to the high visibility of this role, the Director must possess strong senior presence. The ideal candidate has successful cross functional project management experience, has built and successfully led high performance teams, and is adept at building strong customer relationships and acting as a trusted advisor. He or she can effectively blend analytical thinking and creative problem solving; is a highly effective communicator; and enjoys tackling important, complex, challenging questions without a lot of existing structure. We welcome applications from high caliber professionals who are looking for the next chapter of their careers.
The successful candidate will:
- Partner with Category Management teams and suppliers to develop availability strategies to drive category growth
- Efficiently manage inventory, striking a balance between inventory turnover and service level at various delivery speeds (Same Day, Next Day, 2-Day, etc.)
- Analyze optimal inventory placement strategies for a wide variety of product categories
- Oversee, analyze, and optimize item-level forecasts, working with the Demand Planning team, to reduce forecast error for tens of thousands of SKUs
- Partner with Product Engineering and Data Scientist teams to improve the ordering & replenishment system capabilities
- Partner with Supply Chain to communicate and plan the operational impact of planning and sourcing decisions.
- Work directly with suppliers to build trust and drive adherence to availability strategies
- Build, lead, a develop career paths for a team of managers and analysts
Skills and Requirements:
- MBA or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting, ecommerce or retail environment
- Proven experience directly managing high-performance teams with strong analytics capabilities
- Ability to lead a team to consistently meet KPI goals
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to achieve objectives
- Strong analysis capabilities, along with the ability to use data to develop insight and drive decisions based on those insights
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with excellent negotiations and relationship-building skills
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL-CG