Director of Operations
Associate Director of Operations – Hebron Warehousing
Wayfair is looking for a talented, self-motivated Associate Director with demonstrated capabilities to streamline and optimize day-to-day operations for the Hebron, Kentucky Warehousing team. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. The candidate must also be able to develop robust, trusting relationships with key stakeholders, and identify opportunity to improve the Warehousing productivity, command strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing employees. The candidate must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively, a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and is able to adapt to change quickly.
Functions / Major Responsibilities:
- Management of our Hebron, Kentucky distribution center to achievement of goals for operational metrics, including shipping time, order fill rate, inventory location, and count accuracy.
- Ensure that the annual objectives for cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness are achieved.
- Develop and manage strong management team and oversee: training and coaching, evaluation of all employees necessary to meet or exceed goals, and development of the work atmosphere.
- Ensure that safety, security, productivity, and satisfaction of employee align with company objectives.
- Manage warehouse inventory control programs and assure location and count accuracy meets our corporate requirements.
- Actively measure quality and strive for continuous improvement. Continually seek ways to improve the overall distribution process and identify best practices.
- Maintain compliance for areas of responsibility and participate in internal and external audits.
- Self-motivated and willing to drive process change.
- Ideally have both internal as well as 3PL experience understanding the impact of a high-volume DC environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation skills; credible with internal stakeholders and external audiences; comfortable meeting with/presenting to executives and senior management.
- Solid analytical, problem identification, and problem solving skills
- Ability to maintain a demanding schedule in a dynamic work environment
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business Management, or a related field required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in distribution/management required.
- Solid competency in Microsoft Office suite, primarily Excel and the use of pivot tables.
- Local candidates preferred.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
- The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL-WD