Android Engineer (m/f)
As the world’s leading home goods e-commerce company, Wayfair offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points, with superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. To continue our tech expansion in Berlin, we are looking for a skilled and passionate Android Engineer to join our Android team.
Our global Android team is currently made up of multiple sprint teams, across Boston and Berlin respectively. We own some critical pieces of the app such as Payments and User Generated Content, but we also work on across-app features including architectural changes, developer tools, and building reusable UI components. You can expect to be involved in an array of projects that aim to create a better customer experience for our Android users.
Our codebase is always evolving, and at our scale, we have developed processes and technologies to keep up with our development volume. With this in mind, we don’t strictly impose them and we are always evaluating requests for changes to our codebase, technologies and processes. We have a weekly release process thanks to our CI, unit tests, alpha and beta channels, and great support from our QA team.
- Work with your local team in Berlin and the team in Boston on global and local projects
- Contribute ideas to improve our team processes and best practices
- Improve performance of the app, both technology-wise and business-wise
- Contribute to our quality process by writing clean code, unit tests and integration tests
- Build, refactor and improve app features
- Be a team player: collaborate, learn, coach, share, work together, enjoy
- Proven experience as a software engineer and skilled as a mobile engineer
- A track record of professional experience with at least 2 outstanding mobile apps
- An understanding of clean and testable architecture with modern Android development frameworks and tools
- Java and Kotlin are considered your primary programming languages
- Capacity to build an entire mobile feature, ranging from architecture, all the way to designing backend data services
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, yearly bonus, and an attractive equity package
- Development and career growth opportunities
- A fast paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test, and to build things in an entrepreneurial organization
- Regular collaboration with senior leadership globally
- An office in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with a great amount of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.<p Tag: ENGR-SCS