We're looking to add a talented and inquisitive Illustrator to our Creative Team! A meticulous creative who is passionate about the craft of illustration and also has an interest in how it can be applied to advertising campaigns, animation, product, branding, print and web marketing. We need someone who is detail oriented and has a fresh aesthetic that effortlessly fits in with (and adds to) our unique brand. We’re growing fast and the volume of work we’re producing is high; our expectations of quality are even higher.
As an illustrator on the Creative team you will be challenged to solve complex ideas through illustration. Wayfair’s brand is evolving and the illustration team will work hard to help aid and develop a unique visual style.
Your work will be seen by millions and contribute heavily to the visual evolution of our brand. To be considered, you must have an online portfolio. Your portfolio should demonstrate a variety of vector illustration that showcases visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and color. Since your work will be integrated into a variety of designs, knowledge of basic graphic design principles is helpful.
You’ve worked tirelessly on variety of illustration styles, especially ones that can translate to marketing and advertising. Your involvement has had a large impact on the outcome of the projects you’ve been involved in. Your focus has been on customer-facing marketing illustration and you understand how to build, translate and push a style forward.
Graphic designers with interest in illustration are encouraged to apply.
- Produce a high volume of illustrations that provide Wayfair with a unique style, one that adds depth to our brand and relates to our customer base
- Help create images and illustrations using vector design
- Help create and maintain illustration brand standards
- Help create and maintain a new iconography system
- Stay up to date on illustration trends, especially in the tech industry
- Be an organized team player, willing to pitch in on other projects
- Provide thoughtful and insightful feedback in stand-ups and creative reviews
- Participate in collaborative brainstorms and concept development
- Present visual ideas and design rationale to team members and cross functional partners
- Work closely with marketing teams, designers, copywriters and print vendors
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet business goals
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in illustration, graphic design, or related field
- Minimum of 1 – 3 years’ full-time experience
- Expertise in Adobe Suite, especially Illustrator and Photoshop
- Expertise in vector design
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects is a plus
- Must be able to produce quality work in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Experience with digital marketing
- Ability to understand and design for various customer segments under the Wayfair brand
- A solid understanding of the print process, layout, color, and typography principles
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to multiple project timelines
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills
- An interest in online shopping/e-commerce
- Interest or experience in home décor or interior design is preferred
- Experience and interest in designing for female demographics
- Strong work ethic and positive attitude is a must
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.