Enterprise Mac/Linux Desktop Support Engineer
Wayfair is a dynamic, cutting-edge technology company operating in the ecommerce space. We’re committed to providing our customers with a best-in-class experience for all things home. We’re looking for a MAC/Linux OS Engineer to fill a contract position won our Desktop Engineering team. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting company, on an expanding team with challenging goals!
- Engineering and Design Mac/Linux machines in Enterprise environment that includes
- Ownership of the Mac and Linux OS Lifecycle Strategy
- Evaluate and potentially reengineer the patch cycle and deployment process for the Mac machines, along with the required tools installation for centralized deployment
- Design the production roll out strategy, operational support, and management of the Linux machine environment
- Analyze, tune, and troubleshoot operating system and deployment configurations to achieve optimum performance levels for both Mac and Linux images
- Evaluate and potentially re-engineer the software applications installation processes and required tools for mass deployment on Mac/Linux machines
- Design, develop, test user system policies
- Provide training and guidance to Service Desk support and junior Desktop Engineering team members; in the form of direct training, leading by example, and process optimization
- Create end user training in form of written guides and FAQs
- Operation Support
- Provide root cause analysis for recurring issues on the Mac platform.
- Perform OS and application level patch management
- Participate in direct user support as requested and/or needed at the tier 2 level
- Project Support
- Architect and complete the migration of all Mac machines to a new corporate domain
- Design and implement imaging, patching, maintenance, and support processes for Linux machines
- 8+ years of end-user support in a "hands-on” corporate environment, at scale (1000 plus Mac and Linux machines)
- Must have excellent customer services skills, proven organizational abilities and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills, ability to juggle and track many tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
- Ability to work well as part of a team, sharing research, knowledge and leading practices with team members.
- Experience with Mac enterprise management tools, specifically JAMF Pro (Casper Suite) and packaging tools such as Packager, Composer or similar
- Apple Certified Mac Technician
- Expert knowledge of Apple and Linux platforms
- User experience focus
- ITIL concepts strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people. Wayfair was recently named “Mass TLC’s Company of the Year” and “Internet retailer of the year”. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.
*** This position is ONLY for on-site in our Boston, MA headquarters ***
Wayfair does not accept unsolicited candidate referrals or resumes / CVs from third-party vendors, including recruitment agencies. Wayfair will not be responsible or liable for any fees or costs associated with such unsolicited submissions.