Senior Manager of Model Operations
Head of 3D Model Operations
The 3D Visualization team is a brand new and rapidly growing and changing team within Wayfair. The team is working on highly visible projects and is driving innovation daily for Wayfair. We are the team responsible for revolutionizing the imagery available to our customers. The team is in need of highly driven and motivated individuals. Applicants must be ready to take on a lot of responsibility, work hard, learn a lot, and drive big results. An entrepreneurial, self-starter mentality is a must. It is important that applicants are comfortable with change and rigorous prioritization of work. Prior experience in the field is not required.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Build out and manage operational QA teams responsible for defining and enforcing technical 3D modeling standards from diverse pipelines at different stages of maturity
- Partner with product managers to develop technology tools to establish and improve new and existing process
- Partner with 3D artist team to develop comprehensive 3D modeling curriculum tailored to Wayfair standards
- Work closely with account management team to communicate technical standards to many diverse external parties
- Optimization of existing processes which will span work with category management, merchandising, engineers, product managers, and 3rd party contractors
- Creation of new processes which will span work with category management, merchandising, engineers, product managers, and 3rd party contractors
- Perform analysis to guide strategic decisions of the team
- Manage tests designed to evaluate the ability of new 3rd party contractors (we hire contractors to do most of our 3D modeling)
- Strategize future initiatives to streamline workflows
- BA/BS degree, with strong academic record
- 5+ years of work experience with a record of operating independently and driving results
- Management of a mid-size team a must
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong quantitative skills and proficiency performing analysis in Excel (experience with SQL is a plus)
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Capacity to multi-task and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- High degree of comfort with constant change and prioritization
- Desire to lead a team
- Great attitude and a sense of humor – we are a hardworking team in an open seating environment!
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.<p