Growth Strategy Analyst/Senior Analyst
If you are a highly analytical thought leader who is excited about joining an eCommerce leader, then our Business Analyst opening on the Growth Strategy team is right for you!
Focused on establishing the Wayfair brand in the hearts and minds of its millions of customers, this person would be in a high-growth opportunity where they can make critical business decisions and have an immediate impact on improving our customer’s experience.
We have opportunities available at both the Analyst and Senior Analyst level.
The team and role:
Our Growth Strategy team is responsible for driving multimillion dollar campaigns aimed at growing our dominance in the online home shopping space. The team’s culture revolves around a rigorous test-and-learn approach combined with a tenacious desire to grow a business and learn immensely.
As a Business Analyst on the team, you can manage and optimize Wayfair’s advertising spend specific to acquisition and retention channels to meet intense return on investment goals. Analysts have the opportunity to take complete ownership in terms of budgeting and campaign execution in order to drive revenue growth and make a significant impact.
At their core, Business Analysts excel in both quantitative and qualitative analyses, are excellent communicators, and have strong business acumen and ownership. They are eager to learn, endlessly curious, and are committed to rapidly advancing their careers. This opportunity is a great launching point in the eCommerce space and definitely geared towards those who might be interested in corporate strategy, business development, or management.
- Develop strategy for priority initiatives and lead implementation to drive step change improvements in performance.
- Manage and optimize a multimillion dollar budget to meet ROI goals and grow the business.
- Leverage a variety of channels – search engine optimization, paid search, display, broadcast, etc.
- Analyze campaign performance, identify trends, and facilitate opportunities for improvement.
- React to deviations from the original plan quickly and strategically.
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with external partners and vendors.
- Work closely and cross-functionally with internal teams such as engineering, data science, merchandising, and pricing.
Our Analysts can see their future in many different departments, focused on either Customer Acquisition or Retention, within our Growth Strategy Team.
The team is organized into groups for our Wayfair.com and Lifestyle Brands, each focused on different aspects of the customer experience:
- Social Media – The Social Media team tackles all social media growth campaigns including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
- Registry – The Registry team is responsible for developing the Wayfair Wedding Registry offering and acquiring new customers via cross-channel activities.
- Notifications – The Notifications team works on driving retention growth within our current customer base through strategic and triggered email outreach.
- Intent – The Intent team is responsible for day-to-day management of top of the funnel digital acquisition and retention channels. This includes paid search, site retargeting, product listing ads, and comparison shopping engines.
- B2B – The B2B team focuses on reaching business customers, from Fortune 100 businesses to interior designers to daycare centers to contractors. The B2B segment is one of Wayfair’s largest growth areas.
- Affiliates/Partners – The Affiliates and Partners team vets and cultivates new customer acquisition opportunities, including direct mail, affiliates, email lead generation, sweepstakes, partnerships and special offers, and life-stage targeting.
In order to be successful, you must bring:
- At least 1-3 years of experience working with data (preferably coming from finance, investment banking, consulting related backgrounds etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree required; a focus in Economics, Business, Mathematics, or other concentrations with a heavy quantitative focus from a top tier school is preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills and comfortable in a data-driven business environment; extremely proficient in Excel.
- An ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically as our analysts need to plan several steps ahead.
- Strong communication skills and can communicate both directly and diplomatically.
- Can bring strong ideas and have the ability to voice them in a positive, people-oriented, and upbeat manner.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills as our analysts work cross-functionally across the business.
- An ability to tackle several projects simultaneously and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization.
- Can react to real-time data and pivot readily as our campaigns can be updated in an instant.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: MKTG