Associate Director, Head of B2C Service Innovation
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit? Are you passionate about making a direct impact on the customer? Can you easily navigate in big data? If yes, keep reading about an exciting new opportunity with Wayfair!
If you're unfamiliar with Wayfair- we are a rapidly growing eCommerce company headquartered out of Downtown Boston with an extremely collaborative, dynamic, and data-driven culture!
At Wayfair, we have a very robust Sales & Service team that is building a new, dedicated Service Innovation team! Our Sales & Service teams are in Utah, Texas, Maine, and Massachusetts, Ireland, and Germany, and are focused on exceptional service and positive shopping experiences for our customers. The Service Innovation team will be responsible for data-driven findings that create value for our Sales & Service 1600+ organization and drive customer satisfaction. The team will have a focus on analytics and providing strategic insights to improve the customer experience in collaboration with cross-functional groups.
Analytics and Technology are key to business insights: knowing how Wayfair interacts with the customer through our contact centers when making a purchase, answering a question, or solving a problem. Wayfair believes the most important business insights are about the customer, both individually and collectively. Service innovation is about guiding decision-making to improve customer satisfaction, customer loyalty, and customer acquisition.
The Head of Service Innovation is a highly visible role, working closely with senior leadership to execute strategic initiatives. In this role, you will lead the Analytics and Process teams that will mine big data, extracting insights that create business value. These insights are to be actionable data-driven findings, adding context to Wayfair’s Sales & Service organization, derived by the smart use of our expansive and rich data sets.
We are constantly on the hunt for insights that can unlock growth and improve the customer experience!
- Measure impact of sales & service teams’ efforts by assessing customer behavior to determine which individual or group of activities result in accelerated revenue or profit growth
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, product, and customer databases to create insights used to drive decision-making
- Apply data findings to develop pilots to measure effectiveness, impact, and value – take risks and experiment with innovative ways to create a unique and differentiated customer experience
- Leverage Wayfair’s deep engineering expertise to translate opportunities into actionable tech deliverables to streamline tools for both customers and employees
- Prioritize key programs to improve customer Net Promoter Scores and proactively mine data across all dimensions of the customer journey to surface opportunities
- Consult with internal customers (e.g., Marketing, R&D/Engineering, Logistics) to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that accelerate profitable growth, customer lifetime value and loyalty
- Manage, hire and develop a strong team of analysts, program managers and process improvement experts to deliver on ambitious service transformation agenda
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline such as: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Economics, Business or Finance.
- Masters or MBA from top tier school desired with minimum 2 years management consulting experience.
- Minimum of 7 + years of progressive leadership experience managing teams, major projects, and business growth
- 2 + years management experience
- Strong analytical background operating with large data sets to identify trends and actionable takeaways.
- Proficiency in Excel & SQL required, or other data processing and analytics tools preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating with cross-functional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit or prior experience in a high performance, fast-paced industry.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.