Senior Manager, Analytics & Insights - Inbound & Asia Supply Chain
The Inbound & Asia Supply Chain team is looking for a creative individual to lead a new team focused on Analytics & Insights. This person will play a key role in a major company initiative to optimize visibility, strategy, drive performance and drive improved NPS across our supplier portfolio… while building a brand new supply chain in Asia. As an integral member of this team, you’ll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of a very unique and proprietary aspect of our supply chain network.
We are looking for an energetic, collaborative minded leader, with an entrepreneurial spirit looking to ‘own’ a key piece of our fulfillment center network.
Who we are: The Inbound & Asia Supply Chain team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of logistics solutions to our supplier partners, creating lasting relationships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective supply chain.
The Senior Manager of Analytics & Insights will be responsible for providing actionable insights into various elements of our operation to help drive optimized performance – domestic freight movement, ocean freight drayage, freight movement monitoring, transactional team performance, warehouse-to-warehouse cross docking process, transportation carrier performance, Asia warehouse operations and much more!
What you will do:
- Develop scalable analytics tools in partnership with internal Business Intelligence teams
- Beginning with strategic thinking and deep data analysis: identify, scope, plan, and execute projects that enhance our value proposition and that drive process efficiency improvements.
- Initially focus on standing up basic reporting, defining KPI’s in partnership with business leaders and manage suite of metrics & insights that will be used to optimize the business
- Work towards build out of self service, real time tools for end users to manage operational performance
- Collaborate to define, collect, and track operational metrics to manage and improve supply chain performance and determine baseline performance
- Collaborate with other departments to define optimal processes and implement them throughout
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis and communicate the results of the analysis to the leadership in a clear and comprehensive way
- Lead team of experienced analysts that each has their own vertical (i.e. domestic transportation, Asia operations, inter warehouse flow of goods, visibility & monitoring, etc).
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with both technical and business-oriented colleagues, as well as being able to speak at a level appropriate for the audience.
- Drive energy & excitement in an environment where business initiatives are sometimes vaguely defined.
- The ability to understand various data models and algorithms tools and programming languages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, SQL and etc).
- Provide leadership, motivation, guidance and performance management for a team of associates tasked with executing on your vision & strategy.
- Through negotiation, process improvement and developing strategic partnerships you will work to improve cost structure.
- Participate in building our processes and defining Best Practices for our own in house managed supply chain solutions
Who you are:
- BS/BA degree with 2+ years of consulting/strategy experience, or experience in an analytical role with desire to learn about logistics and supply chain
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in supply chain analytics, management consulting (with a supply chain focus) with significant management experience.
- A hands-on team player that can inspire/mentor team members. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights & an action plan to senior leaders. Able to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious
- Demonstrated ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication and influence. Relentless about following up until the job is done.
- Understanding of Transportation & Logistics KPI’s, Metrics and Financial drivers
- Advanced use of Excel/VBA, Access/SQL.
- Highly analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems using lean methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Ability to influence without authority to drive improvement completion
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively with senior level leadership