Supervisor, Safety and Training
Supervisor Safety and Training
The Supervisor, Safety and Training, is responsible for partnering with site operations teams and other safety leaders nationally to execute company safety policies and ensure local compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. The incumbent also leads execution of local training initiatives, including safety- and non-safety-related training in standard operating procedures.
The candidate must be able to be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both in writing and verbally through formal and informal presentations. They must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with operations teams, both hourly and salaried, in order to foster awareness and development of a safety culture.
- Manage the warehouse safety effort and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e. lockout/tag out, confined space, fall protection, powered industrial trucks and company policies and procedures.
- Advise and actively participate on the local Joint Health and Safety Committee, including inspections of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulatory compliance.
- Plan, develop and implement safety- and non-safety-related training for new employee orientation and required follow-up (e.g. annual) training as required.
- Administer the local Ambassador (S.O.P. training) program, including maintenance of training records and facilitation of regular progress evaluations.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Develop, implement and administer hazard control methods, safety procedures and security programs.
- Develop, implement and maintain warehouse management safety accountability program.
- Ensure W.S.I.B. claims management program is administered in an effective and compliant manner in conjunction with the Human Resources department including incident investigations, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Respond and provide assistance in all emergency situations.
- Develop and conduct safety training programs and create a strong safety culture.
- Report and/or review findings from incident investigations and facility inspections,
- Review employee safety training programs to determine their adequacy.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership team.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with safety and training programs in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Bachelor’s degree (or four-year post-secondary diploma program) in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation preferred
- Knowledge of Ontario Health and Safety Act, Regulation 851, and other legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; case management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation/training skills required
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours as required to support multiple shifts with dynamic changing business needs.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL-WD