Associate Director, CastleGate Strategic Projects
Associate Director, CastleGate Strategic Projects
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and help define mission-critical projects, working directly with the senior management team of one of Wayfair’s rapidly growing and strategically important businesses, CastleGate Fulfillment Services. As CastleGate quickly scales, there are strategic initiatives that involve multiple departments within CastleGate and key stakeholders in other parts of Wayfair. CastleGate is seeking an individual who can drive the analysis and creation of a project scope, and then leading the project to completion in the most effective and efficient manner. Project examples include: assessing and interpreting Net Promoter Score (NPS), then driving initiatives to increase it; creating and driving a project plan to launch a new distribution facility; overseeing the rollout of a critical software package.
What is CastleGate?
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one- and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. In order to accomplish this goal, CastleGate partners with hundreds of suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. CastleGate is one of Wayfair’s newer business units, is growing rapidly, and operates entrepreneurially. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to help expand this business.
The Right Candidate
Wayfair is looking for an entrepreneurial, driven, highly organized, and analytical leader who can both lead a direct team and marshal resources and secure buy-in from across the broader company. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. He or she will be responsible for analyzing, sizing, scoping and executing both technical and logistical solutions, and will align different operational groups to deliver results. He or she will be both a strategic thinker and process oriented. Due to the highly cross-functional nature of the role, this person must possess strong business acumen and be comfortable building rapport with and delivering updates to diverse audiences.
- Beginning with strategic thinking and deep data analysis: identify, scope, plan, and execute projects that enhance CastleGate’s value proposition and that drive process efficiency improvements.
- Monitor, lead, and report out on a many-project roadmap that supports CastleGate’s rapid growth.
- Manage a 4+ member team that reports directly, and a much larger number of people who come together in ad hoc groups to complete projects.
- Leverage strong quantitative reasoning and ability to dive into data to surface, size and prioritize key initiatives.
- Build strong relationships with the leaders of each operational function within CastleGate and many other groups within Wayfair.
- Move aggressively and quickly in a startup-like environment that leverages Wayfair resources.
- Pivot as needed to address unanticipated challenges and complexity in the business model.
- Report performance trends, impact assessment, and improvements to senior management.
- Bachelor Degree, MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- Relevant experience, preferably in technology companies (e-commerce is ideal), or consulting.
- Comfortable analyzing large data sets and using that analysis to drive business plans and priorities.
- Track record of taking on big challenges and delivering results despite obstacles.
- Must have strong business acumen and demonstrated senior presence.
- Articulate and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.
Interested in learning more? Please visit our official CastleGate website! http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/partner_services.php
And for more information, check out this video showcasing the inner workings of our CastleGate Fulfillment network!