Qualitative Manager, Consumer Insights
We are seeking an entrepreneurial individual to bring to life the voice of the Wayfair customer. Reporting to a Consumer Insights Lead, this person will be responsible for speaking with customers every day, deepening our understanding of how and why people think, feel, and act the way they do.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional moderator, listener, and insights translator, with consumer intuition built on a foundation of strong qualitative research skills. They will have a record of quantifiable success and will have previous experience working cross-functionally in a data-driven, fast-paced, and high-growth company. This role is a fantastic entry point for qualitative research managers, community managers, or for an experienced qualitative customer insights professional looking for a new challenge.
- Design and execute qualitative research, interpreting research findings into actionable insights
- At Wayfair, we are Manager-Doers; execute qualitative studies from soup to nuts – project scoping, moderating, synthesis of key learnings and recommendations
- Build, manage, and engage a community of customers to answer quick-turnaround questions and to encourage ongoing dialog with our customers
- Partner with stakeholders across the organization to understand business goals and share information and key findings
- Thorough business experience with a breadth of qualitative research methods
- 3+ years of experience with demonstrated success as both an analyst or manager of behavioral, market, or customer experience research
- Hundreds of hours of moderating experience (focus groups, video one-on-ones, in-home visits, and/or shop-alongs)
- Customer oriented with good product intuition; ability to articulate and define customer requirements and success criteria that leads to fresh, delightful, and usable applications
- Experience working with stakeholders/clients and developing specific research plans based on loose goals or agendas
- Exceptional focus on details related to methodology and analysis; knowing that there is a “right” way to do things, coupled with passion for conducting scrappy research when appropriate
- Exceptional written, oral, and project management abilities, particularly in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Proven track record of being self-directed, collaborative, and entrepreneurial
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: MKTG