Senior Manager, Lifestyle Brands + Promotions
Wayfair is seeking a deeply analytic, passionate, style-engaged, and process-driven leader to join our Lifestyle & Merch Analytics group as a Senior Manager on the below teams:
Our approach to incredibly rapid, profitable e-commerce growth is equal parts analysis, principled negotiation, idea generation, and creative presentation. Our Senior Managers each lead a substantial portion of the P&L; develop and nurture supplier relationships; and drive assortment planning, class price ladders, and the negotiation of optimal costs and innovative programs.
You will work on a fast paced team and see real-time, material impact on the business. You must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to hit the ground running. This is a perfect role for someone looking for general management experience in e-commerce with a creative angle.
As a Senior Manager, you will:
- Manage multiple category teams to exceed specific revenue and margin targets
- Create strategic supplier account plans; expand upon existing supplier relationships
- Negotiate buying terms with suppliers (selection, price, quantity, and delivery terms) and actively develop your team in all areas of negotiation
- Collaborate productively with cross functional partners (Category Management, Creative, Marketing, Operations, and Pricing) to drive action and realize goals
- Create strategic growth plans for team to hit monthly and yearly growth targets of product classes within your buying categories
- Analyze event and category performance and drive the analytical development of the team
- Lead process improvement discussions across the organization
- Attend trade shows and exhibits to source product, conduct buying trips on a regular basis
- Build & maintain industry expertise; keep abreast of trends and new product ideas
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; preference for MBA candidates
- 8+ years of E-Commerce (/Merchandising) or Management Consulting experience8
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Experience managing 3 or more direct reports; a recognized, effective team motivator
- Analytical thinker who looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Articulate, persuasive communicator with strong negotiating skills
- Highly goal oriented, entrepreneurial self-starter with multiple examples of success
- Savvy, scrappy, and resourceful; willingness to roll up your sleeves
- Familiarity with retail/merchandising concepts (assortment planning, price ladders, etc.) a plus
- Travel time <15%
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: