Translator, English to French (Canada) (m/f)
Wayfair’s Berlin office is looking for a talented Translation QA Associate for our Merchandising team to help localize storefront, product catalogue and other interfaces for our Canadian French market! We are the largest online retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we’re ready to replicate the success to the Canadian and European markets.
This is a great opportunity to directly impact the development of our Canadian business and to make sure that our customers have the best shopping experience possible. Are you a professional translator, proofreader or copywriter and ready to join one of Berlin’s hottest international companies? If the answer is yes, then we would very much like to hear from you.
As a Translation QA Analyst, you will:
- Support our Merchandising Operations team in our mission to become the best online place to shop for the home
- Develop a deep comprehension of how site merchandising operations works cross-functionally in a large multicultural company
- Execute on data-driven projects to improve product data quality and help customers make purchasing decisions
- Ensure to have beautiful content and the best-in-class experience for our French-Canadian customers
- Learn how to manage projects on your own
- Review and edit English product translations into French
- Perform quality assurance processes on our product catalogue
- Translate high priority projects with various translation tools (e.g. Smartling)
- Coordinate, onboard, train and support freelance translators
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes to make our team more efficient and effective
- Native French (Canadian a strong plus!) and C2 level of English. Additional European languages are a plus!
- 2+ years of experience in translation, copywriting and proofreading (Smartling or other CAT tools knowledge a plus)
- Educational background in translation/English or French studies
- A keen eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Outstanding organization skills
- Team player
- Demonstrate interest in online media and e-commerce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (business writing, conversational writing)
- Excel and SQL fluency a plus
Wayfair offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.