Sr. Project Manager - Construction
The Project Manager will be a key member of the Wayfair Industrial Engineering team. The PM will work closely with both the IE team and the various Warehouse Operations groups. The PMs primary role is to own projects from start to finish, identify and implement new facility and existing facility related projects, support tracking of key performance indicators & deliver projects in a timely fashion with the planned budgets. The PM will own scope, schedule and cost of various projects. PM experience required. Experience in industrial construction, warehouse or manufacturing preferred. PMP Preferred with strong AutoCad Design stills. Experience in understanding mechanical, electrical and plumbing requirements as well as low voltage is required. Sortation and automation experience in fulfillment or distribution a plus.
- On design-build projects, assist the design team during the design phase. Identify inefficiencies and recommend changes to keep project on budget while still meeting the required specifications.
- Provides project management support for new construction and existing facilities by interfacing between key team members—external and internal.
- Track and communicate weekly project schedule updates to all teams.
- Review and address plan details, resolve issues before they result in either financial or schedule impacts to the project.
- Maintain continual open communication with Wayfair teams and all vendor partners.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Wayfair building and fit-up specifications for consistent execution of new projects.
- Practices safe work procedures, and follows all safety rules at all times.
- Travel required – 40% to 60%.
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or General Engineering or 10+ Years of hands on field work
- 7+ years of experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of hands on project management experience or engineering field work in an automated environment
- This individual should be detail oriented, with strong analytical and organizational skills, who is also highly results oriented and proactive.
- Equally important to your success is the ability to effectively communicate with business partners both local and remote; having excellent communication skills; the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Ability to identify critical paths and execute (these may change weekly)
- Involvement with senior management both internally and externally
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL-WD