Manager, Customer Experience Strategy
Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute the customer experience strategy for our Canada business. Wayfair entered the Canadian market in January 2016, making it our newest geography. The business took off immediately, thanks to a vast catalog offering & big marketing investment from the beginning. Recognizing the lack of a strong ecommerce player in the home furnishings arena in Canada, Wayfair has continued to gain strong market share across the region.
As part of this highly visible role, you will use your analytical skills to generate data-driven insights, build business cases to prioritize opportunities and then partner with virtually every part of the broader organization to make your recommendations a reality. You will work with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
Given the strategic nature of this role, a qualified candidate must have strong quantitative and structured problem-solving skills and a keen ability to deal with ambiguity and change. This is an ideal role for top-tier internal / external consultants or digital product professionals looking to rapidly broaden the scope of their business experience while contributing towards building one of Wayfair’s core competitive advantages: customer-centricity.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to improve the post-order customer experience through analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Articulate hypotheses and underlying assertions, build business cases, prioritize opportunities and collaborate with cross-functional teams to manage execution.
- Track and synthesize impact of strategic initiatives; root cause when impact varies from expectation and drive iterative approach or suggest appropriate pivots as needed.
- Proactively communicate updates to senior leadership and key stakeholders across the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics etc.)
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience (e.g., management consulting, digital product, analytics)
- Strong analytical prowess, business acumen, positive energy and a collaborative approach
- High degree of comfort leveraging raw data to deliver business insights
- Ability to lead multiple work-streams, prioritize and work well within a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work well within and across teams
- Proven track record of leading and influencing business decisions
- Masters degree in quantitative field or MBA from top-tier business school
- Proficiency in relational database tools (e.g., SQL)
- Experience with statistical modeling (e.g., regression analysis)
- Effective project management capabilities - employ a rigorous yet practical approach
- Experience with design and innovation methodologies, both theory and practice
- Inherently curious and strong passion for using technology to innovate
- Journey mapping, storyboarding or other ability to use visual narrative to communicate customer experiences
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.