Associate Technical Product Manager
About the team:
The Ad Tech + Customer Intelligence team owns product for warehousing Wayfair's first and third-party customer data, and making it available for Marketing applications. Our team works closely with Engineering and Marketing to build world-class technology which include both highly scalable back-end systems and tooling to enable real-time access to a customer’s information across all their devices.
The Associate Product Manager will be strong in quantitative analysis and SQL but also want to balance that with their interest in solving challenging business problems. They think critically to tackle complex challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment and are seeking a high-growth opportunity where they will have an immediate impact on day one.
- Working with large and complex SQL, Hive, Vertica databases
- Design and build reports, dashboards, and analyses using Excel, Python, and SQL.
- Communicate high-impact findings to business stakeholders.
- Develop initiatives and implementation to drive step change improvements in performance.
- Become a subject matter expert on multiple Wayfair data sets.
- Join forces with the Data Science, Marketing and Engineering teams to contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our customer’s experience.
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results.
- Work collaboratively with engineers and cutting edge technologies.
- 1-3 years of experience in an analytical role which can include finance, investment banking, or consulting.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries to gain business insights.
- Ability to tackle several projects simultaneously and work well within a dynamic, fast-paced, and growing organization.
- Experience working cross-functionally with numerous stakeholders.
- Strong ideas and the ability to voice them with a positive, people-oriented, and up-beat attitude.
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data – our campaigns can be updated in an instant.
- Comfortable learning new technologies.
- Strong quantitative skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment.
- Experience/exposure to programming is preferable but not required.
- Highly proficient with manipulating and visualizing data in Excel to slice data and tell your story in different ways and to different departments.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of brands includes:
- Wayfair.com, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, a go-to online source for modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house for fashion-forward modern furnishings
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, access to the finest home furnishings brands—previously only available in showrooms
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people. The company has previously been named one of America’s Most Promising Companies by Forbes Magazine and selected by the Boston Business Journal and Glassdoor.com as a Top Company to Work For and Top Company for Well Balanced Life.