Category Operations Manager
Emerging Category Operations Manager
Wayfair is looking for entrepreneurial, driven and analytical leaders to help build and execute operations strategy for our emerging categories. The ideal candidate brings positive energy, works collaboratively, and knows how to drive results in a fast-growing company. This person will serve as a core Operations leader for select emerging categories, working cross-functionally with Category Management and across 6+ Operations teams to identify opportunities, build an operations strategy, and deliver the intended impact by teaming with folks throughout the organization. The ideal candidate has leadership experience in a fast-paced and complex organization, where an entrepreneurial mindset, great communication and influencing skills, and problem-solving leadership have a premium.
We welcome applications from talented professionals with a relevant background and experience (e.g., management consulting, operations in a corporate setting, business/operations transformation leaders) whether in eCommerce or beyond.
- Build and execute a growth-focused operations strategy
- Proactively identify specific margin improvement opportunities through data and analytics
- Size the expected impact of individual levers and determine what is needed to capture the impact
- Prioritize operational improvement initiatives and build an execution roadmap
- Serve as a highly analytical thought partner to stakeholders on complex operational challenges
- Lead cross-functional initiatives to deliver on margin improvement opportunities
- Track progress and performance and create visibility for senior stakeholders in the organization
- 3+ years of relevant experience (e.g., retail/e-commerce operations, management consulting)
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and a love for data and analytics
- Effective oral and written communication skills – adept at leading meetings, influencing others
- Clear track record of delivering cross-functional impact with a strong ownership mindset
- Project management capabilities – employs a rigorous yet practical approach
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.