Associate Director, Ecommerce Site Merchandising
Associate Director, Ecommerce Site Merchandising
Wayfair is seeking an entrepreneurial and analytical Associate Director to drive the site merchandising efforts for significant segments of our business. This person will be focused on building a world-class customer experience across a diverse portfolio of brands and will be a key player in driving best-in-class experience on the site and establishing merchandising best practices.
The site merchandising department is responsible for defining and executing a “best in class” experience for customers within each of the diverse product classes that make up our catalog. We are relentless about ensuring that the merchandising data, site features, and overall customer experience is the best that it can be. The department is organized by verticals as follows:
- Furniture & Decor
- Housewares and More
- Appliances and More
- Cross- Catalog
The successful Associate Director will combine an understanding of what drives e-commerce sales, an interest in the home goods retail sector, and a passion for user experience to define and lead his or her team to execute the onsite merchandising strategy. He or she will develop deep expertise on how our customers shop, drawing on that to build an unparalleled shopping experience in collaboration with team leaders across the company including Category Management, Product/Engineering, Creative, Content, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing.
The ideal candidate is innovative, enthusiastic, and customer-focused with great judgment and creative problem-solving skills. This person will have demonstrated skill with technical tools and processes through website management, digital marketing, advanced data analysis, consulting or other similar experience. They will be passionate, organized, comfortable managing multiple cross-functional initiatives at once and have proven success managing a team.
This is a unique leadership role for a highly motivated individual that is interested in joining a high growth company and making an immediate impact.
- Serve as the department subject matter expert on merchandising and traffic
- Relentlessly drive improvements to the site experience through the development and execution of strategic cross-functional projects that will improve conversion rate and revenue growth.
- Maintain a strong vision for future site improvements driven by passion for delighting our customers.
- Analyze site metrics and related data to identify opportunities to improve merchandising and the customer experience across the various sites and product categories.
- Partner across Category Management, Product Management, Merchandising Operations, Brand, and Marketing to drive collaborative projects to completion and ensure cohesive customer experience across all touch points.
- Manage, coach and develop a team of Site Merchandising Managers, Senior Managers and Associates
- BA with strong academic record and 10+ years of experience. MBA is preferred.
- Passionate about the customer with a strong interest in understanding and driving user behavior.
- Analytical and process-oriented, comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions. Experience with web analytics strongly preferred.
- Senior presence, able to lead across functions and departments and synthesize multiple points of view into a compelling point of view and coherent action plan.
- Able to think both creatively and critically. Willing to think outside the box and challenge the status quo, while also fairly evaluating all possible solutions in making strategic decisions.
- Able to manage through ambiguous and subjective situations, including balancing operational efficiency and data analysis with high quality standards and a sense of what is “right” for the customer.
- Able to manage many initiatives and drive multiple threads of work to completion.
- Superb communication skills, clear and concise in both written and verbal communication.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Positive, energetic attitude.
- Able to quickly learn necessary technical tools. Experience with SQL a plus.
- Passion for the home goods market is a plus.
Wayfair Inc. offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points. The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, your home for affordable modern design
- DwellStudio, a design house with a decidedly modern vibe
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.Tag: