QA Analyst Automation (M/F)
Wayfair is seeking a Software Engineer in Testing to help create and deliver cutting edge business integration applications used by tens of thousands of suppliers in the Wayfair global supply chain. As a Software Engineer in Testing, you navigate Wayfair’s massive codebase, identify weak spots, and constantly design better and creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Wayfair’s growing suite of products and services.
Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth.<p
- Work with Software Engineer and Product Management to develop test cases and build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage, and quality;
- Lead/collaborate on improving unit test coverage, release velocity, and production health;
- Hands-on coding ability to automate repeated tasks and build unit test coverage through existing or new applications;
- Write moderately complex code and SQL scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary;
- Help maintain software applications by providing production support and bug triage;
- Assist and mentor junior team members by providing coaching and code reviews.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience;
- 3 years of relevant work experience in test automation.
Our dream candidates have:
- Significant experience of object oriented web development experience;
- Experience working with relational database management systems;
- Interest in being challenged in a fast-paced environment while having fun;
- Analytical and creative mindset and a passion for solving business problems with technology;
- Ability to quickly translate business requirements into working features;
- Good communication skills and a willingness to collaborate.
We are looking forward to your application, ideally including code samples (e.g. on GitHub)<p
Nice to have:<p
- Coding experience in PHP, Java, C#, or Python;
- Extensive knowledge of SQL and Linux;
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging;
- Familiarity with Agile software methodologies and the software development life cycle;
- Experience with testing tools such as Postman, TestRail, and Jira;
- Experience with automation testing frameworks such as Codeception\Selenium and Gherkin;
- Experience with unit testing frameworks;
- Experience with testing for e-commerce websites.
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work/life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 14.000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in total net revenue with 40% YoY growth in 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company has more than 8.000 full time employees.Tag: ENGR