Senior Packaging Engineer
Senior Packaging Engineer
About Our Team:
Wayfair continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure and capabilities in Operations to fuel growth and delight our customers. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive initiatives related to our most strategic operations topics that will propel Wayfair from $4B to $10B and beyond.
Our Packaging Engineering team is looking for a Senior Packaging Engineer in our Cranbury warehouse. This Senior Packaging Engineer will work with the packaging engineering team on both small parcel packaging as well as LTL packaging. This Senior Packaging Engineer will also help support some of our key packaging initiatives in our Boston headquarters and our warehouse network.
- Identify and develop new packaging concepts to meet both Wayfair and our suppliers’ packaging needs
- Work with a team of supplier engagement leads to diagnose problems and implement solutions to improve the customer experience
- Collaborate cross functionally with logistics, transportation, category management, and buying departments to find optimal solutions for a variety of product types
- Analyze data to identify trends and root causes of performance gaps, interpret results, and then recommend actionable solutions
- Perform and develop packaging testing protocols on both large and small parcel packaging
- Help the team develop innovative and patentable packaging solutions
- Develop cost/benefit analyses on new and existing packaging designs throughout the Wayfair network
- Help with the new supplier onboarding process by reviewing suppliers’ packaging specs and providing recommendations in line with Wayfair’s standards
- Minimum B.S. Degree (in Packaging Engineering preferred) and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Packaging certifications and/or affiliations with packaging industry organization is a plus
- Protective packaging design experience preferred
- Understanding different uses of materials and their applications within the protective packaging environment
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Extremely collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Strong organizational skills to aid in driving processes and projects
- Innovative and R&D driven mindset to find best practices for packaging, quality control, and product design.
- Analytical thinker and ability to work and understand large datasets in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to identify performance problems and leverage appropriate technical expertise to craft appropriate solutions
- 10-15% domestic travel
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.Tag: SCL-SO