Senior Manager, Home Service Partnerships
Senior Manager, Home Service Partnerships
Wayfair is looking for a driven and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute strategy for our high-growth home categories. Senior Manager Home Services will work with several external service partners to profitably grow assembly, installation and warranty services at Wayfair. Reporting to the General Manager of Home Services, this role will be responsible for leading cross-functional teams within Wayfair and third-party service providers to deliver the best customer experience possible while rapidly scaling the business. You’ll be working with senior leadership to solve tough problems using a combination of quantitative data and qualitative reasoning.
Strong candidates must have a strong bias for action and ability to execute, be able to work cross-functionally with many types of people at all levels, and a strong analytical background. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership throughout the organization, they should also possess strong senior presence and superb communication skills. You will be responsible for growing sales while improving profitability, including identifying new business opportunities, developing relationships and negotiating with key partners, developing a competitive strategy, and leading cross functionally.
This is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing a General Management career track at Wayfair because you will obtain experience and build skills that will position you to take on senior leadership positions within Wayfair.
This role requires a leader who can align external partners and cross-functional internal teams to advance key business drivers, such as site experience, pricing, operational performance, marketing/promotions, and customer service.
As a Senior Manager Service Partners you will:
- Develop and implement category strategy to achieve revenue and profitability goals
- Build profitable relationships with existing third-party service partners and execute negotiations to secure best pricing, sales programs, and promotional support
- Collaborate across departments to drive business goals (departments include Product Management, Marketing & Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Analyze data to strategize profit growth opportunities for the category and for specific external partners
- Partner closely with senior leaders to develop and enhance the Wayfair brand, site, and competitive positioning
- Analyze competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- Use technology to enhance business goals / customer experience
You’re a great fit if you have:
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting, ecommerce or retail environment
- An MBA or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against daring targets & goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives
- Analytical thinking and looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- Persuasive and articulate communication skills with excellent negotiations and relationship-building skills
- The ability to add immediate value– a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Lead and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- A consistent track record of leadership and taking ownership that leads to exceptional results
- A process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 8 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.3 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 6,800 people.