Senior FP&A Analyst
Wayfair Finance is looking for a driven, motivated Senior FP&A Analyst to support the Financial Planning and Analysis group (FP&A). The Analyst will help drive value by enabling the best business decisions through literacy of the organization, mastery of the P&L, and financial and quantitative analysis. Specifically, the analyst will provide decision support and forward-looking business and operational planning; financial, quantitative, and business modeling and analysis; and business performance measurement. The successful candidate will be a proactive self-starter with excellent analytical and communication skills.
Sample day-to-day questions for this role include:
- Can you forecast the next 5 quarters of operating expenses, and will we see YoY leverage? What are the risks and opportunities behind that outlook?
- What drove gross margin fluctuations from the forecast?
- Based on current growth forecasts, what will our headcount need to be, and how does that impact the bottom line?
- Can you determine why there is a variance between last week’s report and this week’s report?
- Provide day to day financial analysis, modeling, and other support for the entire company working closely with all business lines, global operations, accounting, and other teams as necessary.
- Influence decision making through analysis and modeling to ensure business partners meet the financial objectives of the organization.
- Ability to ‘tell the story’ and drive insightful analytics and financial reviews
- Query large amounts of disparate data, consolidate, and summarize results for management
- Participate in forecasting and variance analysis processes, including review of monthly actual results. Identify and communicate risks and opportunities associated with the forecast.
- Review and understand financial performance against forecasts via regular meetings with budget holders and report findings back to management.
- Present business reviews covering financial and non-financial metrics, including performance against stated objectives.
- Support departmental need for ad-hoc analysis, reporting, and presentations, including quarterly reporting, business reviews, and management presentations.
- In addition to these responsibilities, the position will be working with others across the business on ad hoc analysis projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in financial and quantitative analysis
- Expert in MS Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines
- Experience or interest in eCommerce, retail, or related industries a plus
- SQL experience a plus
- Fast-learner, self-starter and team player
Work Experience and Education Guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related is required (exceptions made only for those with strong consulting or investment banking experience)
- Minimum two to three years in an analytical role, with emphasis in financial planning and analysis (Consulting, Banking, Investing, FP&A, Business Planning experience strongly preferred)