NOC Engineer (m/f)
Wayfair operates a growing 24/7/365 Production Operations Center, and we are looking for talented Engineers with great communication skills to join our team. We are a proactive group of engineers looking for candidates who are willing to do more than just respond to issues. We thrive on working smart not hard, and always look for opportunities to automate as much of our operations as possible. We make our own alerts, find anomalies, fix issues and ask why things happen.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Experience in DevOps or a responsive engineering role
- Strong background in Linux and/or Windows administration (you know the drill)
- Knowledge of version control software and concepts (preferably Git)
- Strong understanding of HTTP and TCP/IP
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to translate between “Engineering” and “Business”
- You do your best even if no one is watching
- A sense of humor
Would be Awesome if You Had Knowledge of:
- Monitoring platforms: DataDog, Zabbix, or similar
- Logging platforms: ElasticSearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK stack)
- Time series data platforms: Graphite, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Caching technology: Redis, Memcached
- Configuration management tools: Puppet, Consul, SaltStack
- Ticketing systems: ServiceNow, Jira, or similar
How You’ll Have an Impact:
- Respond to issues of all sizes, from major outages to minor alerts and fix or escalate as needed
- Work with subject matter experts to learn new skills and bring them “home” to the team
- Create and tweak alerts to improve our monitoring
- Incident coordination, including sending mobile alerts to other Engineering teams based on the size and scope of incidents
- Solve problems and prevent them from happening again
- Write and refine our troubleshooting guides and documentation
And finally, our proposition to you!
- Of course the usual competitive salary, bonus and we share the company with you in stock units
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- We want you to connect with your team and fellow colleagues through regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: ENGR-INFR