Operations Transformation Leader
Operations Transformation Leader
About Our Team:
Wayfair continues to build industry-shaping infrastructure and capabilities in Operations to fuel growth and delight our customers. As part of this journey, we are seeking bright, entrepreneurial leaders to help us drive initiatives related to our most strategic operations topics that will propel Wayfair from $4B to $10B and beyond.
One major priority we have is to dramatically reduce the number of problems that arise as a product makes its way to the customer’s home. We want to reduce “customer incidences” to near-zero levels – whether they are damages, defects, lost items, missing parts, etc. – to provide the best customer experience possible and further fuel Wayfair’s growth and profitability. This challenge is one of the most business critical, technically complex and interconnected challenges we face as a business.
Example roles in this Transformation include:
- Category Product Performance leader: Work closely with Category Management and other Operations teams to design and execute incidence reduction strategies for a portfolio of high-priority product categories. Manage a team of up to 6-8 professionals to deliver 9-figure P&L impact.
- Head of Center of Excellence: Lead the analytics, performance management, packaging innovation, and technology functions for our Product Performance organization. Support 40+ direct stakeholders with a team of 10-15 professionals on the path to 9-figure P&L impact.
- Logistics-Based Product Performance leader: Work closely with our Field Operations teams to optimize the way we handle, warehouse, and transport products within the Wayfair Delivery Network and CastleGate facilities. Manage a team of up to 8-10 professionals to deliver tens of millions of dollars of P&L impact.
We welcome applications from diverse backgrounds and experiences (e.g., corporate, professional services, consulting, operations, analytics) in eCommerce or other industries.
- Design a well-structured strategy that addresses the major drivers and root causes of the problem
- Plan and prioritize initiatives to unlock identified opportunities over a 12-18 month timeframe
- Execute initiatives in close collaboration with multiple stakeholder groups and executive leaders
- Operate as a thought leader, people leader, and impact generator for focus area(s)
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Advanced degree preferred (e.g., MBA, Operations/Supply Chain, other quantitative fields)
- Distinctive problem-solving skills and love for data/analytics
- Strong oral and written communication skills – skilled at leading meetings, influencing others
- Clear track record of delivering cross-functional impact
- Strong entrepreneurial energy and ownership mindset
- Project management capabilities – employs a rigorous but practical approach!
About Wayfair Inc.:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL-SO