Software Engineer in Test (f/m)
Wayfair is seeking a Software Engineer, with a focus on Test Automation, to help create and deliver cutting-edge business integration applications that handle thousands of orders every day in the global supply chain. As a Software Engineer in Test, you”ll navigate Wayfair’s massive codebase, identify weak spots, and constantly design better, more creative ways to break software and identify potential problems. You'll have a huge impact on the quality of Wayfair’s growing suite of products and services.
Our methods are collaborative, our group is inclusive, and our minds are exploratory. We encourage skill building, knowledge sharing, and professional growth.
- Work with Engineering and Product to develop test cases and build a comprehensive picture of velocity, coverage, and quality
- Lead/collaborate on improving test coverage, release velocity, and production health
- Hands-on ability to automate repeated tasks and build test coverage through existing or new applications
- Write moderately complex code/scripts to test systems, implementing test harnesses and infrastructure as necessary
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- Significant work experience with PHP, including development and/or test automation experience
Our dream candidates have:
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Fluent in English with a focus on strong written communication skills
- Team oriented personality
- Time management skills with the ability to work independently
- Familiarity and passion for current technology
Nice to have:
- Extensive knowledge of SQL
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases, and debugging
- Familiarity with Agile software methodology and the software development life cycle
- Experience with testing tools such as TestRail
- Experience with automation testing frameworks such as Codeception \ Selenium and Gherkin
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work/life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops, and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks, and drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.6 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,700 people.Tag: ENGR