DevOps Engineering Manager
We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to own, manage and support our Hybrid Cloud environment as well as evangelize DevOps within the larger Technology organization. In addition to managing our awesome DevOps/SRE Engineers, you will define best-practices and workflows, create operational efficiencies through automation of our infrastructure, foster DevOps best practices with the Engineering organization, Identify opportunities to enable SW Engineering teams to launch services faster in production and build/ maintain core infrastructure in hybrid cloud for all key applications and infrastructure. At Wayfair, our Engineering leadership all play ‘hands-on’ roles. So while you manage a team, you are also actively involved in analyzing, designing, writing, testing and implementing clean, performant, maintainable and testable code.
Interface with Business and SW Engineering teams to jointly develop go live roadmap
Identify opportunities to enable faster Go live in production for services
Lead service enablement in production
Develop very strong Relationships with Engineering teams
Always be on the lookout for opportunities where embedded SRE/Devops Engineers can bring agility
Participate in Day to Day scrums / operations meetings
Hire and attract Strong Devops/SRE talent
Work with rotating pool of SRE/Devops engineers to empower SW Engineering to delivers services faster in production
- At least 5 years of experience working in a infrastructure lead engineer or architect type role
- Hands on experience Design, building and maintaining of the full application stack with strong high availability requirements
- Hands on experience developing and maintaining full stack solutions for IAAS/PAAS
- Hands on experience with orchestration and system configuration such as Saltstack, Ansible, fabric, puppet, chef, terraform, etc
- Solid understanding of On Prem to Cloud evolution and knowledge when to use which one, as well as hands on experience working with public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Understanding of software architecture to help empower software developers to leverage the platform with reliability, and more importantly failures in mind
- Software development skills (at least one) Python, PHP, C/C++, Ruby, C# or Java
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.