Senior Product Associate - Finance Systems
Do you love solving challenging problems, collaborating with really smart people, and leveraging technology for rapid innovation? Join the Operations Product Innovation team at Wayfair! We’re a team of product managers who are passionate about e-commerce and creating scalable operational systems that will fuel our company growth and elevate customer, supplier, and employee experiences.
The Finance Systems team within the Operations Product Innovation department is responsible for ensuring all financially relevant activities are accounted for and controlled within the Wayfair e-commerce lines of business. We partner with stakeholders across the business to drive technology solutions that enable scalability and financial visibility in support of growth objectives at Wayfair. This includes optimizing proprietary, high-volume finance integration, supplier invoice/payment processing as well as arming finance teams with the right tools to scale for our explosive growth.
This role entails working with business stakeholders to define requirements for software projects, working with engineering to plan, QA, implement, and troubleshoot these projects, and serving as a subject matter expert. We take a data driven approach to identify opportunities for improvements, develop hypothesis and run experiments to validate, and measure the impact of our solutions by looking at KPIs such as Cost Per Invoice, Supplier Net Promoter Score, Days to Close (financials), Days Payables Outstanding (A/P), and Days Sales Outstanding (A/R). Come join our growing product team and have a major impact on Wayfair’s growth and ability to scale!
What Financial Systems does
- Engage partners across finance verticals to define business goals and objectives
- Work cross-functionally to support Wayfair’s emergent e-commerce and fulfillment initiatives, representing accounting and finance in pursuit of auditability and compliance
- Drive the finance technology product roadmap, consisting of in-house and 3rd party technology solutions
- Provide finance technology product support to users in North America, Europe and our offshore partners
- Partner with software engineering team to prioritize and execute key roadmap initiatives through Agile delivery teams
In This Role You Will
- Partner with software engineering to effectively prioritize, plan and solve critical problems on a regular
- Detailed route cause analysis, problem identification and impact measurement
- Translate high-level business requirements into more detailed functional specifications
- Work with Engineers and Business Users to test and roll out new tools or product enhancements
- Identify and pitch any opportunities to improve efficiency or usability of our existing software tools
- Work cross functionally to prioritize competing interests and focus project plans on the highest impact activities
- Disseminate regular updates to key business stakeholders
Who We’re Looking For
- 2-3 years of product management experience, ideally in financial systems
- Comfortable with SQL, Excel, and other analysis tools for use in pattern identification and root cause analysis
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written communication, data extraction, and transformation skills
- Creative thinking and continuous desire to improve processes
- Ability to manage through ambiguity and conflict to establish focus and deliver value against business goals
- An interest in working hard and being challenged in a fast-paced environment, while having fun doing it
- Proven track-record of using data to drive decision making
What We Offer
- Fun and collaborative work environment
- Limitless career growth
- Free snacks
- Casual dress code
- Paid time off
- Health/wellness programs
- Matching 401K
- Monthly team outing
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.