Engineer- Pricing & Profitability Algorithms
Engineer - Pricing & Profitability Algorithms
Wayfair's Pricing & Profitability Engineering team develops algorithms and tools to optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. Within the Algorithms space, we partner with Data Scientists to create the algorithms that power Wayfair’s pricing, costs, and search capabilities. As an engineer, you’ll enhance the quality and performance of our algorithms, and ensure a seamless integration with our core pipeline.
Recent Algorithms Projects:
- Competitor Matching tool to dynamically identify products sold by competitors
- Enhanced Elasticity modeling to incorporate in/out-market considerations
- Shipping estimate calculator to predict costs for low-selling products
What Your First Month Would Be Like:
- Writing thoughtful and performant SQL and Python code
- Initial training in data science and big data manipulation
- Deep dive into core Algorithms
What Your First Year Would Be like:
- Rigorously test out new algorithms and pricing logic
- Partner with Data Science team to rapidly iterate on existing algorithms
- Partner with the Calculators team to integrate algorithms into core pipeline
Why This Job Might Be For You:
- You have a passion for solving difficult, quantitative problems
- You are interested in Data Science and solving Big Data problems
- You care about the customer. You won’t be happy if you’re blindly executing on specs
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.