Senior Manager, Supplier Solutions
Senior Manager, Supplier Solutions
Wayfair is looking for a talented, driven, and entrepreneurial leader to design and direct strategy for a growing team of Supplier Engagement Managers. This person will be responsible for managing 3-5 direct reports that work to optimize suppliers drop-ship supply chain to improve the Wayfair customer experience. The ideal candidate for this job has leadership experience in a matrix organization, where communication, influencing others and prioritization are as valued as much as project execution and opportunity identification. Due to the high visibility with senior leadership (both internal & external), strong senior presence is required.
In this role you will work closely with Category Management and our Supplier network to attack incidence costs and improve the customer experience and repeat rate, driving unprecedented NPS scores. This is a unique opportunity to lead a team that will improve the customer experience through bold strategies and disciplined execution. This is a highly visible role where you will gain exposure to many teams cross-functionally including our COO.
What you will do:
- Work strategically with suppliers to continuously improve the customer experience
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Get in front of VP’s and upper management of suppliers to enact change quickly
- Report performance trends and improvements to senior management
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make our team and suppliers more efficient (and effective)
- Build and coach a team of Supplier Engagement Managers
- Provide direct guidance of the development, implementation and execution on KPI/metrics
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including Category Management, Account Operations, Buyers and Logistics
- Improve partner warehouse efficiency
- Move aggressively and quickly in a startup-like environment that leverages the resources of Wayfair
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably management consulting, e-commerce or retail environment
- An MBA or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against daring targets & goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence; able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives
- Analytical thinker who looks for (and finds) answers in the data
- A persuasive and articulate communicator with excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- The ability to add immediate value– a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to lead and prioritize projects, and delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and resolve root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Experience in business and data analytics, Excel, SQL
- A consistent track record of leadership and taking ownership that leads to exceptional results
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.