Business Analyst – Inhouse Consulting (m/f)
We are looking to hire a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Business Analyst to join our Operations team.
As a member of the EU Projects & Analytics team (In-house Consulting), your role sits at the very core of what we do. We are experts in project management to build the infrastructure, organization and systems supporting our operations teams and strategy for Wayfair Europe 2020. We drive continuous improvement and harmonization of operations processes and systems, and strive in a fact-based and data driven environment.
This role requires excellent analytical skills, attention to detail as well as influencing and negotiation skills, and would suit candidates best who tenaciously enjoy digging for improvement opportunities, are comfortable with change and driving changes into the organization.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation for the European marketplace underway, this is a great learning opportunity, as well as your chance to make a decisive contribution to our business.
- Provide fact-based and data driven insights for improvement opportunities
In this role you’d work on large scale data sets in various categories of the business, e.g. our logistics network, warehousing, returns, customer self-services, in order to drive operational efficiencies and excellent customer experience.
- Design and optimize internal and external processes
You will actively contribute to the analysis and improvement of our processes. Doing this, you will get to know the different departments of our company, their internal processes and our interfaces towards the customer.
- Design and development of reporting- and monitoring tools
You will create analyses, simulations and reports for internal clients based on information from our databases and other sources. You will work closely with experts and managers from multiple teams to do this.
- Operate the daily business
We will integrate you into the daily business of our team and its partners. You will share regular reports and participate in meetings to provide and receive information for your analyses, constantly driving improvements and enabling the management to make the best decisions.
Your skills are the following:
- Recent graduate holding a university degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills combined with ability to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to senior leaders
- Ability to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams
- Self-motivated and proactive with high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Solid Know-How in Excel & SQL (SQL Server 2012)
- Fluent in English
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL