Senior Manager, PMO Operations
Job: Senior Manager - Supply Chain & Logistics
Location: Back Bay, Boston
Wayfair is embarking on a series of strategic supply chain initiatives that we believe will create unique competitive advantage for our business. The Senior Manager of Project Management and Site Setup will play a central Leadership role in these strategic initiatives, which includes Developing and building out our Wayfair owned and operated home delivery network. This person will be responsible for the development, setup and project management of a proprietary final mile delivery network.
We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep passion for project management and supply chain to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. This candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment with Wayfair growing at an unprecedented 40% year over year. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company and one that will offer the right candidate an opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
- Build the asset based Home Delivery network spanning 40 delivery markets by the end of 2018
- Drive an aggressive roadmap of new building openings year over year
- Build and manage team of professionals dedicated to establishing new buildings
- Manage complex and cross functional projects across the logistics organization
- Develop and manage a building portfolio and own the process of relocating existing facilities
- Be a thought leader around operational improvement opportunities
- Act as business owner for technology strategy to streamline Last Mile operations & visibility
- Drive all building opening improvement initiatives
• BA/BS, with strong academic record.
• Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
• 4-10 years logistics and or project management experience
• Strong written and verbal communication
• Strong negotiation skills
• Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
• Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
• Ability to lead discussions and communicate effectively
• Entrepreneurial spirit
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL