Senior Product Manager., Technical (Last Mile Delivery & Routing)
The Senior Manager of Product Management will be responsible for identifying and developing innovative solutions and programs that lead to improvements in our last mile delivery network. He/she will be a self-starting leader focused on driving innovation and executing strategies within the routing delivery space.
He/she will lead efforts focused on our Routing. The successful candidate needs to be self-motivated, with strong bias for action and will thrive in a constantly-evolving business environment.
The candidate will work cross-functionally with several teams, including engineering, operations, OR, finance to help design and implement a world-class delivery capability by defining the tools and tech platforms needed for the delivery systems of the future.
The candidate will have the opportunity to make business-critical decisions and will need to have a strong business judgment and ability to influence across organizations.
The ideal candidate works closely with technology teams to develop and implement automated solutions for complex problems and interacts with Operations teams to integrate operational processes on a global
Travel will be approximately 15% of the time domestically.
- 5+ years of product management experience, preferably with Internet business experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Supply Chain Operations, Engineering or related field.
- Proven success in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment.
- Demonstrated experience as a strong leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the design and use of complex logistics software systems, with specific focus on Last-Mile Delivery and Optimization Models.
- Data-driven decision making and quantitative analysis skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with track record for delivering results in fast-moving and demanding environments.
- Familiarity with transportation/logistics concepts - forecasting, planning, optimization, and logistics.
- Experience working effectively with software engineering teams.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- Proficient level on building algorithm models, including Ability to develop system prototypes.
- Experience working effectively with Operations Research teams.
- Experience creating Economic Models.
- Project management experience desired for working on cross-functional projects.
- Exposure to scripting languages, relational databases.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.