Senior Financial Analyst, Gross Margin
The Strategic Operational Finance team is looking for an analytical, strategically-minded Senior Analyst to drive critical projects that improve processes impacting gross margin and enhance gross margin visibility across the business. The right candidate has a passion for breaking down complex business problems into discrete analyses and using data to make informed business decisions and communicate findings to senior leaders.
The Gross Margin team within Strategic Operational Finance focuses on developing gross margin reporting as well as driving cross-functional initiatives to improve gross margin visibility and forecasting. As operations have scaled due to increased logistics complexity and introduction of our fulfillment network, real time visibility into gross margin is critical to achieving performance targets and enabling teams to operate more efficiently and profitably.
- Serve as a strategic finance partner for the pricing and category teams, using financial data to inform strategic decisions impacting gross margin. Sample projects include:
- Identify opportunities to improve gross margin visibility for business leaders and build tools to analyze and test new strategies
- Identify reporting needs across the business and build out gross margin financial reporting structure
- Partner with the pricing team on forecasting gross margin
- Partner with business stakeholders, product innovation and engineering to enhance the infrastructure enabling gross margin visibility. Prioritize initiatives through data analysis.
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions that can be answered through data analyses; leverage analytical findings to identify actionable business recommendations
- Develop reporting metrics and present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive financial and operational strategy
The right candidate has:
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical/consulting role with experience analyzing data
- A degree in Finance, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience working within large datasets and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Ability to drive complex projects to completion using effective project management, communication, and influence; strong ownership of tasks/deadlines/projects
- Strong cross-functional communication skills and ability to effectively convey insights from analyses to senior leaders
- High proficiency in Excel and MS Office; SQL or other programming languages a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.