Senior Analyst, Carrier Procurement
Senior Analyst Carrier Procurement & Performance Management, Operational Excellence
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home.
We are looking for a proven leader to drive process and performance excellence, and lead a small team responsible for procuring a versatile and committed group of carriers that serve as a competitive advantage to deliver high performance at low costs. This individual will be innovative, process driven, performance focused, and team oriented with an entrepreneurial and scrappy approach to problems. The candidate must be able to thrive in an extremely fast-paced environment. This is a leadership role in one of our core operational functions and is highly visible with many opportunities for advancement.
Who we are: The Large Parcel Delivery team’s goal is to create value both internally and externally through the establishment of lasting delivery partnerships, which will enable us to drive a more efficient and cost effective delivery cycle. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry.
What you will do:
- Support development of a performance management framework in which to evaluate carrier performance and hold carriers accountable
- Design, drive and report metrics to measure and monitor carrier performance and cost. The audience of this reporting will be both internal and external leadership teams
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Regularly present data and insights with a clear point of view, both in meetings and via email
- Negotiate with the carriers to drive savings and identify ideal carriers to join our network
- Analyze risk and perform risk management of supply base
- Identify areas for improvement, define best practices and support enhancements for carrier procurement and performance management processes as it relates to final mile delivery
- Work on a very collaborative team with access to key members of the operations organization
- Contribute to the strategic plan enabling our team to proactively respond to the dynamics of our network, customers, and operations
Who we are looking for:
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills. Able to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to management and senior leadership. Able to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude. Willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- Extremely organized, meticulous, detailed oriented. Able to manage various competing initiatives and prioritize accordingly
- Strong inter-personal and relationship building skills. Proven ability to work successfully with and across teams. Able to build strong relationships with external carriers and field operations
- 2-3 years in logistics, carrier management, procurement, performance management, or supply chain / operations at leading companies (or combination)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL-L