Director, International Supply Chain Leader
Director – International Inbound Supply Chain Leader
We are seeking an entrepreneurial leader/GM to build a major new business build effort for Wayfair. This leader will define the strategy for “virtual” vertical integration into global source of supply; develop country specific logistic footprint for cross-vendor consolidation opportunity beginning with China, Malaysia and Vietnam serving destination markets in US, Canada, Europe, and UK. Role is based in Boston with frequent travel globally.
The right candidate will bring a true business building mindset focused on outcomes and impact for Wayfair. This includes end-to-end ownership: strategy, solution and roadmap design, supplier experience, implementation management, and value measurement.
The ideal GM candidate will have an MBA from a top tier school and experience working in a top tier consulting firm or equivalent. Direct experience working in global supply chain space ideally for transportation and logistics clients will be a plus.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Experience in developing growth and operating model strategy
- Evidence of “startup like execution and implementation” and ‘get it done’ attitude no matter what when time is tight and stakes are high
- International experience working in China or developing strategy for North American clients for global expansion in China
- Consulting experience or startup leadership responsibility preferred
- Hypothesis driven with strong analytical and communication skills
- Extremely collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment
- Very comfortable with implementing new technology
- Strong project management skills with ability to get things done
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, stress, adversity and conflict to establish focus and deliver against business goals
Profiles that may be especially well-suited for this role:
- 8+ years of post-MBA top-tier consulting for a top-tier firm
- Delivered client engagements in strategy, business building and adjacent growth topics
- Worked and/or served clients across continents (required)
- Industry experience in ecommerce / retail / transportation / logistics / B2B will be a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes – from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $4.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended December 31, 2017. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 7,700 people.Tag: SCL